ULI Atlanta’s Young Leaders Group (YLG) aims to create opportunities for young professionals (35 and under) to develop skills and build relationships that will help advance their careers and foster an understanding of thoughtful development practices.
The YLG Committee is integral in organizing events and programs and delivering timely and relevant content to our member base. The committee provides an opportunity for a collection of motivated volunteers to create programs that allow our membership base to cultivate a network, while improving both their personal and business insight.
YLG Programming Includes:
- Happy Hours – provide YLG members an opportunity to meet other young professionals and develop their network.
- Hard Hat Tours – are tours of the latest development projects coming out the ground in the metro Atlanta area. These tours are small and provided by development team – developer, project manager, architect and general contractor.
- Mentorship Program – matches young professionals (mentees) with experienced professionals (mentors) for guidance and support, while offering mentors an opportunity to strengthen ties with the young future leaders of the local real estate community and ULI.
- miniTAP – affords a selected group of young leader professionals the opportunity to offer free technical assistance to public agencies and nonprofit organizations on a variety of land use issues. mTAPS occur once a year and are pre-selected from a list of available clients.
- Nuts & Bolts – is a series of educational workshops hosted by ULI’s Young Leaders Group and targeted at real estate professionals 35 and under. Through these workshops, seasoned real estate professionals provide an overview of real estate topics from the diverse fields represented by ULI’s member base, including real estate development, management, consulting and design & engineering
We are always looking for members of the Young Leaders Group to become “active” and “contributing” members by sharing program ideas, planning programs, writing a blog post or event recap. If you’re interested in becoming an active committee member contact Ben Harris at [email protected] or Emily Estes at [email protected]