Highlight, Promote and Celebrate Women in the Industry
In 2020, the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) set out to launch “The Leaders” with the goal to increase the presence of women in the real estate and land use industry, especially in leadership positions and board rooms, as speakers at industry conferences, subject matter experts and everything in between. The intention was to celebrate women who make extraordinary contributions to the built environment. Since its inception, WLI has recognized a number of women leading the charge in affordable housing, development, and construction, brokerage, community development, engineering, and more. See the list of The Leaders from 2020, 2021, and 2022.
This year, WLI continues this effort by opening nominations to add to the third class of The Leaders. An esteemed cohort of women will be selected by their peers as having demonstrated leadership and expertise in real estate development, land use, city-building and their community, with the goal of bringing visibility to women leaders in Georgia and Eastern Tennessee.
Are you or someone you know a woman who should be recognized for her contribution to the industry? Nominate her today and help further the visibility of women leaders within ULI and in the real estate industry.
Nominations and Selection Process: The deadline for applications has passed. The application period will open again in Spring 2023.
- Anyone can submit a nomination;
- Nominees will be asked to submit an official application for The Leaders in June;
- The Leaders will be selected by a committee of ULI member leaders who will meet to consider nominations and make final selections; and
- The final selection of nominees will be notified in August.
Strong Nominees will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 15 years of work experience;
- Be located within the ULI Atlanta District Council, which serves Georgia and Eastern Tennessee;
- Have a dedication and commitment to the success of the Atlanta region;
- Contributed significant impacts and influence on the built environment through both personal and professional accomplishments;
- Contributed to positive community impact through volunteer service outside of work responsibilities;
- Demonstrated leadership in inspiring others in the real estate and land use industry.
(Note – Nominees are not required to be members of ULI but it is highly encouraged)