The application for the Class of 2021 is now closed. We will be accepting applications in the Spring of 2021.
The Center for Leadership provides a powerful local resource to help guide the responsible development of the Atlanta region by strengthening connections among area organizations that guide and influence Atlanta real estate development.
Our MISSION is to cultivate leadership and life-strategy skills by teaching emerging leaders in the real estate and land use industries how the Atlanta region gets built.
• Collaborate with real estate professionals in problem solving;
• Interface with like-minded professionals;
• Engage with top speakers from every facet of land use in a small group environment;
• Establish relationships with a diverse group of professionals; and
• Expand your perspectives on the development process as well as issues and opportunities facing the Atlanta region.
• Individuals working in the real estate industry and related fields;
• Emerging leaders slated for future leadership roles;
• Those who have a minimum seven years of real estate experience;
• Those committed to community service and civic engagement;
• Those who have a vision for the future of Atlanta; and
• The program is open to ULI members and non-members alike.
When do you participate
Organized around eight full-day seminars consisting of:
• Panel Discussions
• Property Tours
• Small Group Activities
• Other Activities which provide participants access to industry leaders, elected officials, and recognized experts in real estate and land use.
Thank you to the Center for Leadership 2020 Day Chairs:
DAY 1: Atlanta in Context
CFL Chair: Keith Mack
DAY 2: UrbanPlan Training
DAY 3: Regionalism & Infrastructure
Day Chairs: Sally Riker, Lowe Engineers & Shirlynn Brownell
DAY 4: Development Process & Capital Markets
Day Chairs: Kirk Billings, Pope & Land Real Estate; & Ben Reaves, Stream Realty
DAY 5: Community Building
Day Chairs: Wesley Brooks, Atlanta Habitat & Alan Ferguson, Invest Atlanta
DAY 6: Housing & Urbanism
Day Chairs: Will Johnston, MicroInstitute & Jennifer Fine, Invest Atlanta
DAY 7: Economic Development & P3s
Day Chairs: Tyrone Rachal, Urban Key Capital Partners; Jon Tuley, Kimley-Horn; Mason Ailstock, HR&A Advisors
DAY 8: Design & Construction
Day Chairs: Alex Demestihas, JLL & Katherine Duntov, Loudermilk Co.
DAY 9: Graduation
CFL Co-Chair, Ashley Jones, Invest Atlanta
During the course of the nine-month program, participants will have an opportunity to provide leadership on a critical Atlanta regional issue through a mini Technical Assistance Panel (mTAP). Working in teams, participants will be responsible for sharing their expertise and advice to develop recommendations for a sponsor organization.