Creative Development Council
The Creative Development Council (C)DC was formed in May 2016 and is ULI Atlanta’s newest local product council. The (C)DC’s executive committee is led by Mark Lindenbaum, JLL; and Bill Mealor, Patterson Real Estate Advisory Group.
The (C)DC exists as a forum for ULI members to identify and share best practices for the creative real estate owner/developer in a collaborative and confidential environment. The ultimate goal of this education-oriented council is to expand the contextual framework, relationships, and resources for members so that they might better shape and contribute to their communities. The topical focus of the (C)DC is on small-scale and infill development, adaptive reuse, and regional connectivity solutions.
In response to an increasing emphasis on and demand for highly innovative projects, the (C)DC will explore case studies and methods for delivering creative and unique real estate that also connects and strengthens neighborhoods. Members will be expected to openly discuss experiences and provide thought leadership on the many aspects of and actions required to create transformational projects. The (C)DC will provide value for members by:
- Providing an educational forum for idea advancement;
- Establishing a network of like-minded stewards of real estate seeking to transform communities in a creative yet responsible and connected manner;
- Connecting macro trends with local fundamentals and opportunities;
- Creating an environment of trust in which members can openly discuss the challenges and opportunities facing current projects;
Membership in the (C)DC requires:
- Active participation in two of the three council meetings. The meeting dates will be set for the year at the beginning of the calendar year.
- Being a member of the Urban Land Institute and annual council dues of $200.
- Sponsorship of ULI Atlanta is not a requirement of participation but is strongly encouraged to support the ongoing work and mission of the organization